The next round of Forrest Research Fellowship applications will open in 2018.
What you need to know
- Forrest Research Fellowships are open to outstanding early career researchers to undertake high quality research at any of the five universities in Western Australia.
- Forrest Fellows are outstanding researchers of exceptional ability and resourcefulness, having the highest calibre of academic achievements and with the potential to make a difference in the world. Forrest Fellows will help drive research and innovation capacity in Western Australia.
- Forrest Fellows will reside in Forrest Hall and provide valuable mentoring Forrest Scholars and provide leadership to the Forrest Research Foundation.
- Applications for the inaugural Forrest Fellowships open 10 April 2017 and close midnight 30 June 2017.
To be eligible to apply applicants must be in their final year of PhD or no more than two (2) years post PhD conferral.
Applicants must reside at Forrest Hall for the duration of the Fellowship.
Applicants must be intending to meet the requirements of a Forrest Fellow including mentoring of Forrest Scholars, ambassadorial duties for the Forrest Research Foundation and in providing leadership within Forrest Hall.
Applicants must meet employment eligibility conditions at the nominated university.
Applications will be assessed by the Forrest Research Foundation Selection Committee on the basis of each applicant's:
- outstanding academic achievements;
- exceptional ability, resourcefulness and originality;
- potential to make a positive difference to the world;
- their ability and commitment to mentoring and leadership within the Forrest Research Foundation Community (including Forrest Scholars and at Forrest Hall); and
- a demonstration of how the award would help build world-class innovation and research capacity in Western Australia.
The Forrest Research Foundation will provide funding for:
- Salary consistent with a Level A Step 8 appointment (for example The University of Western Australia Salary Scales approximately $91,000 in salary plus 17% superannuation)
- An accommodation allowance of $18,980 per annum in 2018 (subject to marginal tax rate)
- A once off relocation and research travel allowance of $13,000
Forrest Fellows will provide up to 1 day per week to advance the general mission of the Forrest Research Foundation including providing mentoring, ambassadorial and leadership to Forrest Scholars, Forrest Hall and the Forrest Research Foundation.
Appointments at Level B will be considered if supported by the employing university.
Researchers from all disciplines are eligible to apply.
Find out more: